In February 2012, the Canadian American Business Council (CABC) will be releasing the Top Ten list of issues it believes will be front and center for Canada/U.S. relations in 2012.
We are asking for your input as a key Canada/U.S. opinion leader by answering two short questions.
1. Option of adding an issue that you believe should be on the Top Ten list.
2. Ranking each of the following Top Ten issues:
- Approval of the Keystone XL pipeline that would bring Canadian crude oil to the U.S. gulf refineries
- Progress on the new Canada/U.S. Regulatory Cooperation Initiative
- Canada passing copyright protection legislation
- Canada securing a lasting exemption to Buy American provisions of procurement legislation
- U.S. supporting Canada's request to join the TransPacific Partnership
- Michigan approving the new bridge linking Detroit and Windsor
- Progress on the new Canada/U.S. Beyond the Border Initiative
- Implications for Canadian banks on the passage of the U.S. “Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act” (FATCA)
- Implications for Canada of the Volcker Rule, as part of the U.S. Dodd Frank Financial Reform Law
- Your own issue
Your feedback is important to us, and we thank you for taking a few moments to complete this quick survey.
CABC Executive Team
Emma Claire Rigby | Executive Director, Canadian American Business Council