- CANADIAN AMERICAN BUSINESS COUNCIL APPLAUDS NOMINATION OF MICHAEL FROMAN AS NEW U.S. TRADE REPRESENTATIVE
- Canada's jewel on Pennsylvania Ave. becoming hot ticket in US capital
Victoria Times Colonist
RIM, TD Bank and the Canadian American Business Council, for example, were among the key partners for last week's inauguration party.
- Harper boasts of accomplishments for 2012, NDP has different take-The Province
By The Canadian Press December 31, 2012 9:40 AM Prime Minister Stephen Harper ... session at the Canadian American Business Council in Ottawa on Monday, ...
- Press Release-
CANADIAN AMERICAN BUSINESS COUNCIL Welcomes Report to Leaders on
Two Major Bilateral Initiatives
Plans seen as game changer for Canada-U.S. cooperation
- PM Harper loosening media strategy, but Hill reporters push for regular Ottawa pressers
Prime Minister Stephen Harper is loosening up his media strategy, but it’s still not as accessible as it could be, say Hill reporters.
foreign aid doesn't exist to keep NGOs afloat, Fantino says
Globe and Mail
Julian Fantino: With foreign aid, Canada can boost economy – and health, too. Prime Minister of Canada Stephen Harper takes part in a question and answer session at the Canadian American Business Council in Ottawa on Nov. 19, 2012. THE CANADIAN ...
- CABC conference covers trade, energy, labour issues
NEWS | MARK BURGESS- PUBLISHED: TUESDAY, 11/20/2012
fiscal cliff risks 'foolish': Stephen Harper
Speaking to the Canadian American Business Council (CABC), a policy forum on the business relationship between the two countries, he warned of the potential of a "significant negative shock" in the U.S. - and globally - if Congress didn't come to an ...
Canada views state enterprises differently
The Malaysian Insider
... enterprises because — yes — state-owned enterprises represent a different kind of player and obviously those are some of the issues that are before us today,” Harper said in a question-and-answer session at the Canadian American Business Council
crisis, Harper urges U.S.
He made the comments during an appearance at a conference sponsored by the Canadian American Business Council. He participated in a question-and-answer session and spoke about such issues as U.S. trade protectionism, Canada's approach to ...
feels slighted by U.S.
Business First (blog)
Stephen Harper has made that point to a an official with the Canadian American Business Council. “My only complaint about the United States – and every Canadian will say this, but it's just the way it is – is we always like to have more attention in ...
- Cnooc Said to Agree on Canada Demands for Nexen Takeover
“State-owned enterprises represent a different type of player, and obviously those are some of the issues that are before us,” Harper said during a conference organized by the Canadian American Business Council in Ottawa yesterday. Investment by ...
must step up 'global energy game,' says ex-minister
... who was giving the keynote address at a forum on Canada-US business relations in Ottawa sponsored by the Canadian American Business Council.
Advisory - Hon. Jim Prentice, CIBC Vice Chairman, to address the ...
16, 2012, 2012 (Menafn - Canada NewsWire via COMTEX) --CIBC (cm:TSX) (cm:NYSE) - The Honourable Jim Prentice, P.C., Q.C., Senior Executive Vice-President and Vice Chairman of CIBC, will speak to the Canadian American Business Council Fall ...
warns of unforeseen consequences if US fails to avoid fiscal cliff
Brandon Sun- Prime Minster of Canada Stephen Harper takes part in a question and answer session at the Canadian American Business Council in Ottawa on Monday, November 19, 2012. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Fred Chartrand. OTTAWA - Prime Minister Stephen ...
- Harper 'surprised' by protectionist feelings from U.S.- Nov 19, 2012 Prime minister fields questions in relaxed session at business forum in Ottawa- Canada has changed its views when it comes to trade to the point that protectionist feelings on the Canadian right are "virtually non-existent," Prime Minister Harper told a business audience in Ottawa Monday.
- Public attitudes a big hurdle to foreign takeovers - The Globe and Mail- Published Tuesday, Nov. 20 2012--The Abacus Data Inc. poll, done for the Canadian American Business Council, found that 67 per cent of Canadians oppose companies from China buying domestically controlled natural resource companies, with similar levels of resistance to firms from Russia and India.
- Business council delegation touring the North- Members of the Canadian American Business Council (CABC) are visiting the North this week for the first time in 25 years.
- Canadian American Business Council directors are here - Twelve members of the Canadian American Business Council (CABC), based in Washington, D.C., are touring the Yukon, Alaska and the Northwest Territories until Friday.
- Delegation to promote trade with Canada- Deal will lead four-city mission to showcase Georgia’s business, tourism assets
- Why we got into the TPP talks-Embassy- Scotty Greenwood, a senior adviser for the Washington-based Canadian American Business Council, said the group discussed Canada getting in to the TPP talks ...
- White House pressured in DC to admit Canada to Trans-Pacific trade ...Winnipeg Free Press... will have more economic might than the North American Free Trade Agreement. ... when pressed by an official from the Canadian American Business Council.
- Investment, innovation & imagination: The keys to Canadian ...Speech by Marvin Odum, Upstream Americas Director, Royal Dutch Shell plc, at the Canadian American Business Council Spring Policy Forum in Washington, ...
- U.S. agency hears Cda cargo diversion is minimal- MetroNews Canada Speaking at a Canadian American Business Council conference on China, Dye didn't say when the commission would complete its investigation and deliver its ...
- Rep. Manzullo to Address Canadian American Business Council Thursday-Congressman will discuss China’s influence on US-Canada relations WASHINGTON – Congressman Don Manzullo, Chairman of the U.S.-Canada Interparliamentary Exchange, will discuss the impact China has had on U.S.-Canada relations during his Capitol Hill speech Thursday to the Canadian American Business Council.
- The Right Honourable Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada, meets with Canadian American Business Council leaders at a roundtable in Chicago on the morning of Sunday, May 20, in advance of the NATO Summit. Source: PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1cnoM)
Buy American revision reopens threat to Canadian economy WASHINGTON—Canadian companies hoping to bid on the crumbling road and bridge system in the U.S. may find themselves behind yet another Buy America law prohibiting them from bidding on any government-funded construction project if it has the smallest amount of federal funding.
- Canadian American Business Council Advocates Revision ToMAP Act ...For 25 years the Canadian American Business CouncilCABC has supported efforts to update and improve infrastructure and spur economic growth and job creation ...www.marketwatch.com/.../canadian-american-business-council...
- Thinking Continentally- by Robert A. Pastor The stories of anti-Americanism in Mexico and Canada and of U.S. arrogance toward or ignorance of its neighbors are widespread and well-known.
- Economics fuel Arctic sovereignty claims..TheChronicleHerald.ca -A survey of top business leaders on both sides of the border, released last week by the Canadian-American Business Council in Washington, found that “the ambiguity of the Arctic” is among the top 10 on their priority list of cross-border issues.
- Household debt dragging down Canadian economy: OECD Toronto Star “We see improvement in both consumer and business confidence in the United States.” That is also the view of the Washington-based Canadian American Business Council. A survey last week of its business leaders found a smooth flow of goods between the ...
Kelly Johnston, VP of Government Affairs for Campbell Soup Company and CABC Chair Emeritus, discusses the importance of the Canada/U.S. Regulatory Cooperation Council with the Midwestern Legislative Conference Midwest-Canada Relations Committee
American Business Council Celebrates 25 Years as the
...Canadian American Business
Council Celebrates 25 Years as the Premier Voice of the Canadian
American Business Community.
Federal Liberals turn to U.S. Democrats for advice- Scotty Greenwood of the Canadian American Business Council, who knows Democratic politics well in the U.S., says these political players can lend Liberals the nuts-and-bolts kind of talk that promises to dominate the convention this month.
- Canadian stimulus helped America too: Ed Clark (READ PDF) Ed Clark, president and CEO of TD Bank Group, speaks at the Canadian American Business Council's 17th annual Policy Forum at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Tuesday.
- Copyright laws lag, media markets suffer: execs- iPolitics.ca “There is a lack of harmonization of copyright laws between Canada and the US,” Castle said on the sidelines of the Canadian American Business Council...
- Canada-US deal could soon ease burden of cross-border red tape iPolitics.ca... regulatory policy and the American side of the Canada-US Regulatory Co-operation Council, told the Canadian American Business Council that the plan will ...
- Canadian stimulus funds create jobs in the US: Ed Clark - Financial Post - Mr. Clark made the comments at the Canadian American Business Council Luncheon. The US faces enormous economic challenges today. ...Canadian stimulus funds create jobs in the US: Ed Clark
- Shell Canada's Pierce discusses opportunities for partnerships with the U.S. on shale exploration (OnPoint, 06/09/2011) watch video read transcript
- "Canada on the world stage" (February 11 Feature) http://www.canadianbusinessjournal.ca/features/febraury_11_features/canada_on_the_world_stage.html_world_stage.html
Statement and Declaration by President Obama and Prime Minister Harper
of Canada on Regulatory Cooperation and Beyond the Border: A Shared
Vision for Perimeter Security and Economic Competitiveness" Read Here
- Obama, Harper to announce border-security review- Vancouver Sun In Washington, Maryscott Greenwood, a senior adviser to the Canadian-American Business Council, called the draft agreement a "meaningful step forward" that ...
- CABC Calls for Regulatory Cooperation in Upcoming Meeting of thePrime Minister of Canada and President of the United States
- WASHINGTON, D.C. (February 2, 2011)– At the upcoming meeting of the Prime Minister of Canada and President of the United States, the CABC urges the two leaders to commit to making measurable progress on the issue of cross-border regulatory harmonization. Such bilateral cooperation has the potential to significantly stimulate further economic recovery without requiring financial expenditures by governments. Read more
- CABC Announces Election of New Director to the Board- WASHINGTON, D.C. (January 24, 2011) – The Canadian American Business Council (CABC) announced today the election of a new member to its Board of Directors - Duncan Dee, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Air Canada.
- BACON: Go north, young man, go north- Canada is quietly surpassing the U.S. as the land of opportunity- Unless the Winter Olympics are on television or someone is clubbing baby seals, Americans don't pay much attention to what's happening in Canada. It's as if we live in a house with a set of quiet, orderly neighbors on one side and a bachelor pad with drunken parties, girls in the hot tub and occasional gunshot eruptions on the other. To whom would you pay more attention?
|Senate confirms Jacobson as US ambassador to Canada Canada.com|
The issues are huge and the challenges complex,” said Maryscott Greenwood, executive director of the Canadian-American Business Council, a leading bilateral ...
|Buy American exemption deal in the works|
CBC.ca - Toronto,Ontario,Canada
According to Canadian government sources, Ottawa expects that the White House will ... said Maryscott Greenwood, of the Canadian American Business Council. ...
|Buy American truce elusive|
|Politico Article: "Canada Gets New Ambassador"|
|NEW PRESS RELEASE read|
Canadian American Business Council Announces Election of New Directors and Ambassadors Doer and Jacobson Serve As Honorary Co-Chairs
Event Will Feature Remarks from Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood and US Senator Jeanne Shaheen on Obstacles to Economic Recovery and Job Growth
| CANADIAN AMERICAN BUSINESS COUNCIL MORNING NOTES Michael A ...|
1. CANADIAN AMERICAN BUSINESS COUNCIL. Last week I attended attending an unusual meeting of Canadian and American diplomats, ...